Forgot your password?
A young African-American man named Chris visits his Caucasian girlfriend Rose`s family estate to meet her parents. At first, he sees the family`s overly accommodating behaviour as nervous attempts to deal with their daughter`s interracial relationship, but as the weekend progresses, Chris learns that many of its residents, who are African-American, have gone missing. When he meets a fellow African-American man on the estate, he warns him to "get out", and as a series of increasingly disturbing discoveries takes place, Chris finds out a truth that he never could have imagined.
: No Subtitle
: 16 Mar 2017
: Horror / Mystery
1 Hour 44 Minutes
: United International Pictures
: Daniel Kaluuya, Allison Williams, Bradley Whitford, Caleb Landry Jones
: Jordan Peele
Watch this if you liked:
The Good, the Bad and the Unwelcomed Visitor:
• Debutant director Jordan Peele has succeeded in something that sometimes even more experienced filmmakers fail in - creating an interesting and insightful masterpiece with social commentary.
• From the writing to directing, to acting and even the score, editing, and cinematography, the movie is a surprisingly subtle and effective horror film for our times with some satirically dark humour and racial paranoia.
• Daniel Kaluuya is great, he makes for a relatable and likable protagonist that the audience can root for, and he's supported by some truly amazing actors and characters especially Lil Rel Howery who plays his foul-mouthed, hilarious friend.
• The movie is one of the best cinematic examples of presenting race in a long time as it perfectly captures the racial divide in modern America, and its depiction of the daily struggles faced by minorities is remarkable and so true to life.
• In terms of the plot, the movie may seem familiar in its construction in some ways, but is completely fresh in execution as it does not pull out any of the usual horror tropes or cliches.
• Overall, the movie easily put itself among the all-time horror greats while being intellectually engaging and genuinely funny.
• According to director Jordan Peele, the movie was inspired by one of Eddie Murphy's stand-up comedy shows where he talked about going to meet a Caucasian girlfriend's parents.
Cinema Online, 20 April 2017
Idris Elba to fight a lion and star in "G.I. Joe" reboot?
"Rampage" writer penned the lion thriller, while "G.I. Joe" is still a rumour at this point
Strange occurrences on the sets of Malaysian horror films
Let's find out what spooky incidents the cast and crew have experienced on film sets!
Hong Kong Film Awards postpones 40th edition
Next year's ceremony will instead be held in 2022, involving movies released in 2020 and 2021
Andy Lau celebrates 59th birthday online
The actor sings, blows a candle and shares his updates with fans
Movies Not to Miss: October 2020
"Jiang Zi Ya: Legend of Deification", "Leap" and other movies you shouldn't miss this October!
Fan Bingbing gearing up for acting comeback in China
Since her 2018 tax evasion scandal, Fan hasn't done any new film or drama in her home country
See All News
Select Area / All Area
Ang Mo Kio
Select Cinema / All Cinemas
GV - Gold Class Grand
Shaw - Lido Cineplex
Filmgarde - Iluma, Bugis
Cathay - Cineleisure Orchard
Filmgarde - Leisure Park Kallang
GV - Gemini: Two to View, Grand
Carnival - Golden Mile Tower
Shaw - Jewel
GV - Grand, Great World City
Filmgarde - Century Square
Cathay - The Cathay Cineplex
GV - Plaza
Shaw - JCube
GV - Paya Lebar
Cathay - Jem
GV - Duo Deluxe, Paya Lebar
Cathay - AMK Hub
GV - GVmax VivoCity
GV - Gold Class VivoCity
Cathay - West Mall
Shaw - Seletar
GV - VivoCity
Cathay - Downtown East
Cathay - Causeway Point
GV - Gold Class Suntec City
GV - Suntec City
Cathay - Parkway Parade
GV - Gemini: Two to View, City Square
GV - City Square
GV - Jurong Point
GV - Tampines
GV - Bishan
GV - Tiong Bahru
GV - Yishun
GV - Grand Seats, Grand
Shaw - Waterway Point
GV - Bedok
GV - Funan
GV - Gold Class Express, Funan
GV - Deluxe Plus, Funan
GV - Gemini Funan
Shaw - Paya Lebar Quarter
Select Movie / All Movies
Tenet (Eng Sub)
Jiang Ziya: Legend Of Deification
The Eight Hundred
Aku Tahu Kapan Kamu Mati
The New Mutants
Don't Cry For Me Sudan: Shukran Baba
The Eight Hundred (ATMOS)
John Wick: Chapter 3
Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel - III. Spring Song
Do You Love Me As I Love You
Ka Pae Ranasingam
The Personal History Of David Copperfield
Made In Italy
I'm Livin It
Effective 15 July 2011
- Suitable for all ages
- Suitable for all ages, but parents should provide guidance to their young
- Suitable for persons aged 13 and above, but parental guidance is advised for children below 13
- Suitable for persons aged 16 years and above
- Suitable for persons aged 18 years and above
- Restricted to persons aged 21 and above only
You can now proceed to book tickets at Shaw Cinema, click the link below to continue.
You are now leaving Cinema Online's website.
You can now proceed to book tickets at Golden Village Cinema, click the link below to continue.
You are now leaving Cinema Online's website.