Writer: Cinnamon LionWriter Ratings:Overall: Cast: Plot: Effects: Cinematography: Watch this if you liked:
“When Billie Beat Bobby”The Good, the Bad and the Gender Rivalry:
• Based on one of the most important tennis matches and sporting events ever for women's sports, the movie is rather modern despite being set in the 70s.
• Though it is unsure how close the movie is to the source material, it is a rather neat interpretation of the events with worthy performances.
• The docudrama doesn't really focus on the game, but more on the events that led up to the game, and the underlying messages of feminism and equal rights.
• Emma Stone and Steve Carell embody their roles completely, and hat's off to Sarah Silverman too, who gives a sturdy supporting performance in her serious role.
• The movie doesn't run as smoothly as it should, but is enjoyable enough to be ranked among the better sports films out there.Trivia:
• In 1973, Billie Jean King was 29 and Bobby Riggs was 55. At the time of filming, Emma Stone was 28 and Steve Carell was 54.Cinema Online, 28 November 2017