13 Aug – Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's chapter as Spencer Strasmore might have closed but the Hollywood A-lister continues to be a baller in real life.
Forbes has named the 48-year-old as the highest-paid actor of 2020, topping a list made up of impressive rivals like Ryan Reynolds, Will Smith, and Jackie Chan.
Johnson lands the top spot for the second year in a row with his cool USD87.5 million earning, USD23.5 million of which comes from his Netflix deal of starring in the streaming platform's upcoming "Red Notice".
His co-star Reynolds, who was paid USD20 million for the same movie, places just one spot behind him with USD16 million less in earnings.
The Top 10 list of the highest-paid actors in 2020 is as below:
1. Dwayne Johnson (USD87.5 million)
2. Ryan Reynolds (USD71.5 million)
3. Mark Wahlberg (USD58 million)
4. Ben Affleck (USD55 million)
5. Vin Diesel (USD54 million)
6. Akshay Kumar (USD48.5 million)
7. Lin-Manuel Miranda (USD45.5 million)
8. Will Smith (USD44.5 million)
9. Adam Sandler (USD41 million)
10. Jackie Chan (USD40 million)
As seen above, Kumar is the only Bollywood star to make it onto the Top 10 and Jackie Chan, also a frequent name on this list, is the only Hong Kong actor to do so. The martials arts star makes his money from endorsement and licensing deals, while also keeping active on the big screen, having made five movies in the past year alone.