Writer: JanakWriter Ratings:Overall: Cast: Plot: Effects: Cinematography: Watch this if you liked:
“Chennai Express” & “Happy New Year”The Good, the Bad and the Grand Performance :
• Shah Rukh Khan's chemistry with Kajol is always great to watch. The 5 minute dating scene and the song "Gerua" sums up their entire chemistry for the whole film.
• The plot is a mash up of remakes from "Hum" (1991) & "Mission Impossible 2" (2001).
• Despite the plot being very weak and highly predictable, there are some notable action and comedy scenes that the audience will enjoy. Watch this film without much expectation and you will definitely enjoy the film to the fullest.
• Kajol looks stunning and prettier compared to her earlier films and the film would have fallen flat without the screen presence of Shah Rukh Khan. Trivia:
• "Dilwale" is Shahrukh Khan & Kajol 7th full feature film together since they started their career in the ninetees (Baazigar, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Karan Arjun, Kuch Kuch Hota Hain, Kabhie Kushie Kabhie Gham and My Name Is Khan).
• Kajol also made appearances directly and indirectly as guest star/special appearance /song sequence cameo in many Shah Rukh Khan's films such as "Duplicate", "Kal Ho Ha No", "Kabhie Alvida Na Kehna", "Om Shanti Om", "Rab Ne Ba Nadi Jodi". If that all were added together, then they have appeared together in more than 10 films together over the span of 20 years!
• Out of the 7 films, 4 were directed and produced by Karan Johar himself (Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol's best friend).
• "Dilwale" is only 20% shot in India. It's the first ever Bollywood film to be shot entirely in Bulgaria and the song "Gerua" was pictured in Iceland.
• Initially in 2012, the only reason Rohit Shetty (the director of "Chennai Express" & "Dilwale") met Shah Rukh Khan was because he wanted to remake an old film "Angoor" (1982) with the actor. Eventually, "Chennai Express" and "Dilwale" happened first. Cinema Online, 31 December 2015